Hearts of Gold Retrievers
SPAY/NEUTER CONTRACT FOR A PET PUPPY
This agreement is made by and between Susanne Richmond (Seller) and (Buyer), for the purpose of setting forth the terms and conditions of purchase by the Buyer of a pure bred golden retriever puppy from the Litter #SR755530 whelped on ____________, out of Sire Chrys-haefen HeartsofGold Ely AKC #SR65693401 and Dam HeartsofGold South Sea Pearl #SR63160301, the Seller agrees to sell and the Buyer agrees to purchase a male companion pup from the litter described above subject to the following terms.
Micro Chip ID #
1. Seller warrants that the above described puppy is a purebred golden retriever. Buyer will receive AKC Official Ownership Registration Form.
2. Seller warrants that the above-described puppy is in good health at the time Buyer assumes ownership. Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed Veterinarian within seven (7) days (not including weekends and holidays) of receipt of puppy. If, as a result of the examination, the Veterinarian determines that the puppy is not in good health then the Buyer shall elect to keep the puppy or return the puppy. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, cocci, giardia, or any other parasites as they are common in dogs and puppies. There is no guarantee on dew claws growing back. If the buyer elects to return the puppy, Buyer shall be obligated to return the puppy to Sellers immediately (within 2 days) at Buyers expense. Buyer shall, within 10 days after the date of pickup, send to Seller, by certified mail, a written Veterinarian's certificate stating that the puppy was in ill health when examined. Upon receipt by Seller of said certificate buyer will then be issued a refund. Seller shall be obligated to refund all monies received from Buyer toward the purchase price of the puppy only, and further performance under this contract shall be null and void. All action taken to return the puppy shall be done with the best interest of the puppy in mind include temperature at time of shipment, non-stop flights at buyers expense.
3. Reasonable precautions shall be taken by Buyer to prevent the acquiring any hereditary faults. No tread milling, jogging, standing on back legs or excessive ball chasing or retrieving should be done with this puppy/dog prior to two years. No hard exercise, rough playing, of extensive running with adults, children or other animals should be allowed. Restrict the puppy’s exercise to sensible activities (brief short walks) and discourage jumping activities. Owner understands that extended and exhaustive playing with older dogs, or forced exercise can actually cause joint and bone problems because of soft tissue development, until the age of two years. If said puppy/dog develops hip dysphasia, determined by Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, Inc to be lower than fair resulting in the refusal by OFA to issue and certificate between18-24 months from date of birth, the Buyer may return the dog to Seller and will receive a replacement puppy of like quality from the next available litter, or may keep the dog, which will be spayed or neutered, and Seller will refund 50% of the purchase price upon proof of sterilization. If Buyer chooses a replacement puppy, Buyer and Seller shall make prompt arrangements within 10 days of receipt of certified letter and Veterinarian certification of OFA report and x-rays, for return of the puppy sold herein to Sellers place of business. Buyer shall be responsible for taking good and reasonable care of the puppy until Seller receives it. Costs and related expenses of returning the puppy to Seller shall be the obligation of the Buyer.
In the unlikely event that a dog is suspected of being dysplastic in its first two years, this is the procedure to follow.
Notify us by telephone or letter
The dog must have been x-rayed for this condition BEFORE it’s second birthday, but NOT before 1 ½ years old (sometimes an early x-ray will not portray true results during growth spurts).
Submit the x-ray to the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65210
The dog must never have been used for breeding, cannot be overweight, and must still be with its original owner.
No replacement will be given if the dog has been over exercised during its growth period (until 1.5 years old, which is running with or “jumping” the dog excessively in play. Puppy/dog must be kept at a weight acceptable for the breed. After 1 year of age dog should not exceed 65-75# for females and 75-85# for males.
4. Ownership of the puppy will be transferred to the Buyer upon payment in full. If the puppy is not picked up by its 8 week old birthday, a $15 per day boarding fee will be charged at time of pick-up / delivery.
5. If long distance delivery is requested by Buyer, it shall be by airfreight, to a designated location. Buyer will pay all shipping fees. Included in shipping fee: costs of crate, insurance during shipment, cost of freight charges plus handling, health certificate as well as any other items deemed necessary by Seller.
6. The Seller has determined that the puppy is a "quality pet" and is NOT to be used for breeding. Dog must be spayed or neutered.
7. Seller agrees to refund to buyer the sum of $-0- upon receipt of evidence from a licensed Veterinarian that the puppy/dog has been spayed/neutere
8. Puppy will carry the HeartsofGold (all one word) kennel name as a prefix or a suffix when registering.
9. Buyer agrees that he/she is not acting as an agent in the purchase or this puppy and that Buyer will not sell this puppy or its progeny to any agent, pet store or guard dog business.
10. Buyer agrees that if it becomes necessary to sell or otherwise dispose of this puppy, Buyer will notify the Seller before taking such action so that the puppy may, at the Sellers' option, be returned to Seller. Upon notification, the Seller shall have 15 working days to exercise said return option. Exercise shall be notice in writing sent to Buyer.
11. Buyer agrees that the puppy will reside at the home of the Buyer, have access to a fenced yard, not be chained or tethered, and will be provided with proper housing, a good quality diet, annual shots and exercise. Buyer also agrees that this puppy/dog will not be used as a guard dog for any business. Buyer agrees that at least one basic obedience training course will be completed with the puppy/dog.
12. If buyer acquires puppy before it reaches 7 weeks of age #2 of this contract will be void. Not applied_____________
13 .Buyer is required to use NuVet Labs ™ NuVet Plus for Canines® on a daily basi during the guarantee period, This guarantee will be null and void if Buyer does not supply the dog with NuVet Plus for Canines® on a daily basis. Failure to do so will make this guarantee null and void.
NuVet Plus for Canines® must be ordered www.nuvet.com/32362 (800)474-7044 order code #32362, make sure that you use the order code number when ordering, it allows us to track your purchase of vitamins. Int._____
This Agreement is made and signed by both parties to insure the well being and protection of this puppy/dog. If the Buyer breaches any part of this Agreement, the Seller is released from any obligations under this Agreement.
4201 Kuss Road
Two Rivers, WI 54241
Hearts of Gold Retrievers is inspected and licensed by the
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture Trade & Consumer Protection. License Number 268159-DS
Proud Member of Golden Retriever Club of America
Registered with the American Kennel Club